Search This Blog

Saturday 23 April 2016

The twentieth step in my A-Z of quirky ancestor antics - T is for tram conductress

One of my great aunts, Sarah "Sally" KINGSBURY, was the first female tram conductresses in Blackpool, England. Apparently, she loved this job and it suited her outgoing personality.

Sarah (aka Sally) KINGSBURY
22 September 1881 - 10 July 1967

Thanks to my long-lost cousin, David Kay in the UK, who informed me about this aspect of Sally's interesting life.

For other posts about the woman known as Aunty Sally in our family's history, see:

Can your dead people talk to my dead people?
Which uniform is that?



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when we acquire these new snippets of information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure is. Just came across this long lost cousin a few months ago. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete