Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Can my dead people to talk to your dead people?

Well, I suppose they can't really talk to each other! Even so, maybe we can do the talking for them now that they're gone.

I've decided to take the lead of Janelle Collins in her first blog post titled, Just starting out with the ancestor list, so many of them!!, and share some of the names of my ancestors in the hope that you and I may be able to help each other in our family research.

Here is my first attempt to share a bunch of names of some of my long-time-dead and not-so-long-dead ancestors with you, along with a few pics. If you recognise any of them, I'd love to hear from you. Let my ancestors talk to your ancestors, through this blog:)

Below are a list of some of my English ancestors who were living, marrying, working, dying in Winterborne Whitechurch in Dorset. Some some of them went off to live in Holywell, Flintshire in Wales around 1865 and some of these migrated to Australia:

Joseph Kingsbury (born 1789ish, Winterborne  Whitechurch, Dorset - died 1866, Dorset County Hospital Holy Trinity Dorchester)
George Kingsbury (born 1814ish, Winterborne Whitechurch, Dorset)
William Henry Kingsbury (born c.1817,  Winterborne Whitechurch, Dorset - c. 1890)
James Kingsbury (born 1821,  Winterborne Whitechurch, Dorset )
George Kingsbury (born c.1843, Winterborne Whitechurch - died 1910 in Mostyn, Wales, Holywell, Flintshire)
James Walter Kingsbury (born 1867, Ysciefiog, Holywell in the County of Flint in Wales - died 1945, Beverly Hills, Sydney, NSW, Australia)

Bessie Jane Kingsbury (born 1870, Holywell, Flintshire, Wales)

George Kingsbury (born 1873, Holywell, Flintshire, Wales - died 1938 in Flintshire, Wales)

Mary Kingsbury (born 1875, Holywell, Flintshire, Wales)

Louisa Kingsbury (born c. 1875, Holywell, Flintshire, Wales)

Sarah Kingsbury (born 1880, Holywell, Flintshire, Wales - died 1880, Holywell, Flintshire, Wales)

Sarah Kingsbury (born 1881, Holywell, Flintshire, Wales - died 1967 in Blackpool England, as Sarah (Sally) Abbiss)


Essie Kingsbury (born 1891, Sydney, NSW - died 1938, as Essie Weidemier, Sydney, NSW)

Mary Elizabeth KINGSBURY (born 1900, Balmain, Sydney, NSW - died 1943, Auburn, Sydney, NSW, as Mary Brodie )
Lily Ann Kingsbury (born Rozelle, Sydney, NSW 1902 - died 1996, Ryde, Sydney NSW, as Lily Ann Walters)

James Thomas KINGSBURY (born 1905, Balmain, Sydney, NSW - died 1905, Merton St, Balmain, Sydney, NSW)

So, do you think any of your dead ancestors spoke to any of my dead ancestors? Did they cross paths, do you think? Did they share a bus seat, a tram seat or a footpath? I can't help but wonder.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wonder when I meet people who I find instantly simpatico whether our ancestors knew each other in the past. Certainly many of my Qld mates have rellies who lived in the same towns...a reflection of population size and movement as the state was settled (by white fellas)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm a descendant of George Kingsbury of Winterborne his granddaughter was my grandmother, also called Bessie Jane but born in 1908 Great to see your family work here.

    ReplyDelete