Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 April 2016

The sixteenth step in my A-Z of quirky ancestor antics - P is for pins in the feet as a wake-up call

Here's a quirky way to wake up an old bloke after he's had a bit too much to drink the night before. One of my ancestors, who will remain nameless in this blogpost, was known to use a few dressmaker pins to gently prick her old Dad's toes which were sticking out from under a blanket when he was due to get up for work the morning after a big night. This is not necessarily recommended for modern families:)






I suppose alarm clocks weren't that easy to come by in the past.

So the story goes ...

3 comments:

  1. You've given me an idea for the pins I don't use anymore. No time for sewing and genealogy here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dangerous game I'd have thought...hope they could run fast.

    ReplyDelete