Search This Blog

Sunday 27 July 2014

Step 3) Revisiting the town of Kilmihil, County Clare (re BUTLER and FITZPATRICK ancestors)

Although I had been to Kilmihil before, where some of my BUTLER ancestors had lived before they migrated to Australia in the 1870s and 1880s, I was keen to visit again.

Here is the reference to Kilmihil on James and Maria BUTLER's Immigration Deposit Journal in 1880.


... and from Margaret Butler's immigration records:



Here are a few pics of the town of Kilmihil.

Entering the town:





Scenes down the main streets:


















Town library:










The post office in Kilmihil that was recorded as the address of some of my ancestors:




 



A monument to a fallen hero"




There was still evidence of the FITZPATRICKs of Kilmihil:





Next step on my County Clare journey:

Step 4) Revisiting the new church at Kilmihil, County Clare (re BUTLER and FITZPATRICK ancestors)


No comments:

Post a Comment