Joseph WALTERS and Maria (or Mary) HOEY were married at the Church of the Assumption, Howth in the Parish District of Baldoyle, North Dublin, Ireland on 3 January 1867.
Their marriage record:
Information extracted from the above record:
- Groom's name: Joseph WALTERS
- Groom's place of residence: Glasgow
- Bride's name: Maria HOEY
- Bride's place of residence: Howth
- Groom's father's name: John WALTERS
- Groom's mother's name: Maria Beanan (or Branan)
- Bride's father's name: Thomas HOEY
- Bride's mother's name: Maria or Mary MURPHY
- Date of marriage: 3 January 1867
- Church: Church of the Assumption (Catholic), Howth in the Parish District of Baldoyle, North Dublin
- Witnesses: J. Watson Jnr, from Glasgow, and Celia MacNamara, from Dublin.
When I visited Ireland in 2012, I visited the town of Howth and took some pics of a few churches while I was there but was never sure until now which church they were married in. Luckily, I took a picture of the church where my great-great grandparents were married.
Website of the Church of the Assumption at Howth, Ireland.
Photos of inside the church, taken by a recent visitor to the church