Here are a few of the questions, I plan to use.
- What are your memories of this holiday (see photo above)?
- Were there any stories that were passed down through the generations?
- What was your family's favourite food?
- What did you all do on the weekend?
- What did you learn from your grandparents? your parents?
- What did your family do on Christmas Day?
- What is your saddest/ funniest/ earliest/ most exciting memory?
- What was your mother/ father/ grandmother/ grandfather like as a person? How do you think they would like to be remembered? What is it you miss about them the most?
- Are there any treasured family photos that you can tell me about or share with me?
- Did you have any pets? If so, what can you remember about them?
- What made your family laugh?
Does anyone else have any other suggestions for good questions or conversation starters?