Mr Patrick Butler
Mr. Patrick Butler, an old-aged pensioner of Stockingbingal, was found dead in his hut on Tuesday 6 April 1943.
Deceased had resided for a number of years on Mr. H Cohen's "Pine Hills" property. He was well known in the district and was 76.
The remains were laid to rest at Stockinbingal at 11 yesterday.
From this short newspaper article, I could extract the following information:
- Patrick BUTLER died on Tuesday 6 April 1943.
- In 1943 Patrick BUTLER was a pensioner.
- He had been living in Stockinbingal for a number of years and was well known in the area.
- He had been living on Mr. H Cohen's "Pine Hills" property.
- He was living in a hut.
- He was 76 years of age. [Note: This age must be incorrect, as he was baptised on 11 March 1860 in Doolough, County Clare*, so he was probably born in 1859 or 1860. If he was born in March 1860, the same month as his baptism, he would have been at least 83 years of age in April 1943.]
- He was buried in Stockinbingal on Thursday 8 April 1943.
* Patrick BUTLER's baptism is recorded on 11 March 1860 at Doolough. His baptism records were found in the Kilmurry Ibricken; County of Clare; Diocese of Killaloe Baptisms of March 1860 to April 1860 (Microfilm 02486 / 01, Page 221, no. 914).