Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 April 2016

The eleventh step in my A-Z of quirky ancestor antics - K is for Kennealy and Kelly

Just a short blog for today.

A few years back, I found an overlapping connection between my maternal grandmother's family and my paternal grandmother's family. My paternal grandmother, Ellen KENEALLY, was born and grew up in the Drummoyne in Sydney.

Ellen KENEALLY


One of her closest childhood friends in the early 1900s was Mary KELLY who is related to my maternal grandmother's family. Mary also lived in the Drummoyne. 


Mary KELLY

Little did Ellen and Mary know that they would become relatives through the marriage of their descendants.


It's a small world. Genealogically-speaking, it seems to be getting smaller and smaller.

4 comments:

  1. And with DNA it's getting even smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure is! Just waiting for my DNA results to arrive from FamilyTree DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to hearing the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! Will write a blogpost when I get them.

    ReplyDelete